Thursday 3 September 2009

What its all about

Sweat - do we do enough of it and why we d0 it!
Is it en route to work while stuck in a packed tube or on the way back after a hectic day! Or is it slumped over a exercise machine at the gym where it starts to collect beneath you and could drown a small baby!

When I think exercise; I think wide open spaces, I think fresh air, a place as far as I can get from anything mechanical! I unfortunately I would have to travel a long way to get out into the beautiful countryside. We are however very fortunate that London has many amazing parks in which we can stretch my legs and build up some SWEAT!

Who do I sweat for - for myself? Or is there possibly someone else who I could be sweating for??
After much persuasion a friend of mine invited me to test British Military Fitness which took place in the park - I was hooked immediately and thought this is brilliant but wow these guys are rolling in it - 10o's of folks would turn up morning & night to sweat for some one else who was kicking back and enjoying their hard earned sweat!!

Well I knew I could take on the challenge, the exercise is something I love and would do it regardless - however there are folks out there - children who don't have food on their plates and I knew and seen projects in action putting food on their plates! It didn't take me long to realise that we could SWEAT for these children!

How simple yet so profound, both I and these starving kids would benefit, or even if they weren't starving they might have a dream which one day they might be able to reach due to us putting a little more in during our exercise session!

And so Sweat was born!!

No comments:

Post a Comment